Sunday, May 23, 2010 | By: Jenn

Relay for Life


Friday night, I participated in my first Relay for Life, ever. I have to admit, I enjoyed myself. The opening ceremonies began around 7 and we were to perform our clogging routine at about 7:30. We were clogging for a cure! After much hussle and bussle, we got all the groups together, practiced for a minute (I messed up twice!!), and then lined up to perform. The little ones (3, 4, and 5 year olds) went first. They were adorable! I thought they did an awesome job for only have been dancing for about 3 months. Then, the elementary aged girls went on. Their dance was cute and they seemed to really enjoy themselves. Finally, it was the adult team's turn. The teenagers were dancing with us. We started dancing and sure enough, I messed up exactly where I had messed up when we were practicing! Ugh! Oh well! I'm going to post the video, see if you can tell that I messed up. {See video in next post!}

I also bought and decorated a luminary bag. This bag was in memory of my Papaw, who passed away after a short battle with pancreatic cancer last March. It took me two laps around to find his bag and when I did, I had to stop to take pictures of it all lit up. He is one of many that lost their battle to cancer. I feel good that I did something to help the American Cancer Society, maybe in the near future, they will find the cure for cancer.

1 comments:

Miss Sak said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you're still fighting back! I hope they continue to make progress. I often find myself donation a little bit where ever I'm asked, like the grocery store and Walgreens every other time I stop in. I even feature products in my shop for various causes. It does feel really good to help whenever you can!

Post a Comment