Sunday, July 4, 2010 | By: Jenn

.027. Happy Fourth of July!!

I hope everyone has been able to enjoy this traditional holiday with family and/or friends.

My day started at about 5:15 A.M. when I was jostled out of bed by the sound of Michael coming over with his truck and the boat. It was time to get up and get ready to go fishing! So, I hopped out of bed, threw on my bathing suit, brushed my teeth, and I was ready to go. We didn't quite make it to the lake when Michael wanted to. The fishing wasn't all that wonderful either. The fish weren't biting and when the fish aren't biting that makes for a very impatient Jennifer. So, needless to say, I didn't fish for long. I tried to nap, but that didn't work either because it seemed as though as soon as I got comfy, Michael needed in the compartment I was laying on or he was ready to move to a new spot. Ugh. I did not come home $6 richer. In fact, no one did. Technically, Michael did catch the first, biggest, and most, but none of them were keepers, so I disqualified him. We went swimming and had a picnic on the boat, then we rode around the lake a little bit. After the sun has sufficiently baked us, we decided to call it a day and head home.

At home, we make peach ice cream and relaxed. I finally got that much needed nap although it wasn't in a comfortable spot. We had ribs, tater salad, and corn on the cob for supper. What a traditional American summertime supper. I do have a few pictures to share with y'all from my Fourth of July festivities. No fireworks tonight. The community fireworks display, Thunder of Thurmond, is scheduled for next weekend. Why is beyond me, but I won't be here. So, please share pictures if you were able to enjoy some.

Sunrise on the Fourth of July
Water Lily bloom...so pretty!
Bee!!!
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice cream!
Dixie keeping an eye on Mom. I just lover her paw through the railing. 

Enjoy the fireworks folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment