Since I will be embarking on a 10 hour road trip tomorrow, I thought it might be a good idea to just get my car checked out to make sure it's good to go. I had been hearing a clicking sound that didn't sound like anything major and I wanted to have it looked at before we hit the road. I went to my mechanic. I say my like I own him (ha!), sorry got off on a little tangent. So, when I took it to him, I couldn't really describe when it makes the clicking sound. The stereotypical scene took place of the woman trying to describe the sound to the mechanic. I have you know I did not try to mimic the sound. He decided that he needed to test drive it himself, so we hopped in the car and took it for a spin. On cue, the car started its clicking sound when he was wiggling the steering wheel back and forth. Before he got out and inspected the situation, he said he thought it had something to do with the steering column mumbo jumbo. Needless to say, I kind of freaked out. That sounded like an expensive fix. He crawled under my car and noticed a loose bolt thingy that goes to the tire. The same was true for the other side. He said that the place that did my alignment did not tighten these bolt thingies back down and could have caused an accident. This could have killed me! Ugh!
I promptly called my mom. Like the wonderful mother that she is, she called Tires Plus and voiced her concern. The manager said that they would check out my car and realign it while they were at it. So, off to Augusta I went. What a way to spend the morning when I needed to be doing laundry! When I dropped it off, the manager informed me that he docked the pay of the dude that did my original alignment. I felt really bad. My intentions were not to get someone in trouble, but to get my car fixed. I realize that, yes, this guy could have killed me, but it didn't happen. I suppose he's learned his lesson?
My mom will be bringing my car home, hopefully it will be ready to go to Ohio. I didn't get a chance to finish cleaning the inside. I suppose there's always tomorrow morning since we're not leaving till 5ish.
Gotta go finish packing!
Ohio bound tomorrow!
1 comments:
:( I know you feel guilty but it's probably a temporary action (if it really even happened) for something that could very well have been a very permanent and horrible event. It was risking your life and the lives of others over laziness or forgetfulness and was unacceptable, dear. Glad it's being taken care of and hope you have a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment