Saturday, March 20, 2010 | By: Jenn

Day 14

The monsoon continues. Is there no escape for me? I may have been optimistic yesterday, but I don't think I was ready for today's lesson.

Today's lesson: When taking advantage of a gracious citizen that is kind enough to let you out into stand still traffic, it will come back to bite you in the butt.

I was turning left onto a two lane road. The right lane of this road was at a stand still, so I wanted into the left lane, which was wide open. I pulled out into the right lane, looked both ways (even though it was a one way road), it was clear. No one coming. Then, as I pulled into the left lane...WHAM! Here comes a beat up old hunk of junk. Well, this description may lead you to believe that my car and her's are seriously messed up. I hopped out of my car, and thank goodness, it was just scuffed a bit on my front bumper. Nothing that a little TLC and some paint wouldn't take care of. Well, I go back into the parking lot from once I came and the other driver sits there in traffic, leading me to believe her car is really messed up. Not the case. Yes, her bumper is scuffed, as is mine, but not as bad as mine. You can barely tell I did anything to her hunk of junk. The sheriff showed up and decided I was at fault since I failed to yield to oncoming traffic, which I did but there was no one there! Anywho...to make a long story short, I suppose she's going to try to get her a new vehicle out of my insurance company. Ugh.

My car's minor injuries.

Oh...and evidently, I'm a bad friend. Me! The person that would jump in front of a moving bus to help a friend. The one that goes above and beyond the normal call of duty. The person that is always there, no matter what time, no matter what is on her own agenda. If a friend needs me, I'm there. Yet, I'm a bad friend and have no business calling myself someone's best friend. Wow. That was a real revelation for me today. I truly thought I was a good friend to have. Oh well...I suppose this is a warning for all of you virtual viewers out there.

Praying for a drought in my life.

Today, this is my not so wonderful life. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

1 comments:

Miss Sak said...

Sounds like you're drowning in a lot of immature and selfish people. It's pretty sad how there is an epidemic of unearned self-deserving there is nowadays. Hm, I hope that makes sense. At least you and your car are safe and you have had some fat trimmed from the steak of your life.

Post a Comment