Tuesday, March 30, 2010 | By: Jenn

Just another day...

Hello Virtual World! I promise that I will get back to my Project 365. I may need a little motivation, but it will happen. All that to say that I don't have a picture to post again today. Sorry! You will be delighted to know that today was a much better day than yesterday. I called my insurance company back and it is not for sure that my rate will go up, so that's a relief. It still burns my booty that the low life is going to get money out of this when her car was barely touched. I really wish I would have taken a picture of this to share with y'all. Anywho...I'm not getting off on that tangent again.

I do have a story to share...I know how all of you just love my stories. This story isn't necessarily about me, but about something I saw while shopping at the Dollar General in McCormick. If any of you know McCormick, you know our shopping places are limited to Food Lion, Dollar General, and Family Dollar. I had already hit up Family Dollar and didn't find what I was looking for, so I was at Dollar General looking for the colorful containers I needed. You will be happy to know I found them! :) I was standing in the checkout line when the lady in front of me asked the cashier if they carry pregnancy tests. The cashier said yes and asked which one she would like. Evidently they keep these behind the counters just in case someone were to come in and think they could leave with one without paying, like that would ever happen right? HA! So the lady in front of me replied by saying, "The dollar one." Really?! They make a pregnancy test that is only $1. ONE DOLLAR!!! Is that thing really going to tell you the truth? All of this is going through my mind while she hands the cashier her $1.07 (You have to give Uncle Sam his portion). Then my mind drifts to what this lady's life might be like. Did she have a one night stand several weeks ago and has now missed her monthly friend? Does she have a steady boyfriend and they had a slip up? Is she getting the pregnancy test for someone else? By the way she was acting, I don't think that would be true. She was acting ashamed, like she was trying to hide embarrassment or a dirty secret. I didn't think to look for a ring. Why is it that one of our first thoughts is that we must look for a ring? Is it really bad to have a child out of wedlock? No, I don't think so. I know a few awesome parents that are single parents. Then, I know some that just don't seem to have their priorities straight. Child comes first, then your social life. On the flip side of the coin...do I think you should get married or stay together just for a baby? No. This situation will make everyone involved miserable, even the poor child that did not have a choice to be brought into it. Babies, and children, and precious and should be treated as such.

By the title of this blog, Jabbering Jenn, I'm sure all of you gathered that it would be the daily ramblings of me. This is today's ramblings. The moral of the story...One dollar pregnancy tests, can you trust them?

I suppose I could share another story that really did happen to me. A student stole from me. It wasn't anything major, just a package of M&M's, but it disappointed me. Why would she think she would have to steal from me? Doesn't it start with M&M's and move to bigger things like going through your wallet? I do realize that some children just seem to get off track for a few moments and just need a little nudge to get back on the right track. Hopefully I gave her that nudge and tomorrow will be a better day. Anywho...my school day ended on that disappointing note.

Until tomorrow's ramblings...
This is my wonderful life.

2 comments:

Miss Sak said...

Aw, I'm disappointed too with what happened with the student. That is just a shame. I still can't believe the nerve of some people, let alone how they manage to live with themselves. Congrats on finding the containers! I love a good find.

And heeeeck no, I would not trust my future and the potential future of my child to a $1.07. That is not a good sign if you have to provide for that life. It makes more sense to go to a fortune teller and ask them if you're showing four/ five months from now.

Good luck with the origami-cooking lesson! Let me know if I can whip up any more tutorials for anything crafty. And thank you! As soon as I can make figurines again, a dal is definitely coming your way!!

P.S. Ranting, venting, and rambling are the best things about personal blogs!! Have fun with it! <3

Unknown said...

The $ pregnancy tests are said to be some of the most accurate :)

I was embarressed to buy pregnancy tests - even though I am married and I am not looking forward to my hands swelling up to where I cannot wear my wedding rings anymore!! I still think socially the world expects you to be married when pregnant...even though it happens out of wedlock plenty of times!

Post a Comment