My dad passed away on June 8, 2007. This was a day that we didn't see coming at all. Without warning, my daddy simply did not wake up the next morning. He took his final breath while laying in bed with my mom. I had cooked my daddy his final meal. I have no been able to fix that meal since that day. It's called German Rouladen. It used to be one of those meals that I craved. You take breakfast steaks, beat them with a meat tenderizer. Spread spicy mustard on one side. Put a slde of bread and butter pickle and a few pieces of sweet onion. Roll up and insert toothpicks to hold. Then, you fry them until they are cook through. You serve with mashed potatoes and three bean salad. I can picture myself making this meal, not knowing that it would be my daddy's last. Maybe one day I will get my taste for this meal back, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
The picture I'm going to share with you is a picture of my daddy and I on a family vacation to Panama City, FL. We were playing Putt-Putt, and being so young, I was just gaining my skills for the game. Daddy was helping me. This seems to be such a simple picture, but it truly is one of my favorites. You can't see either of our faces, but it is a very special picture to me.
My Daddy and Me
Til Tomorrow...
This is my wonderful life.

1 comments:
I'm sorry for you loss, sweetie. <3
Post a Comment