First of all it is likely that I will not have a teaching job next year. So what do I do? All I've ever wanted to do is teach school. I stood at the white board today thinking, Wow! I've been doing this since I was in first grade. I'm ready for my own classroom full of little minds to mold. Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks, the words I never wanted to hear, "Jennifer, you will not have a job next year." This statement was followed by a false sense of hope that nothing is written in stone right now. Should I take a job that pays less than half of what I would be paid as a teacher? Do I look into another line of work? How will I survive another year?
These frustrations were taken even further when I got home and low and behold, the low life that hit me, or as the Police Report said, I hit her, has filed a claim on my insurance. Really?! Your car is rusted, your bumper is bent to pieces barely hanging on, the colors of all the parts of your car seem to be different, and you want my insurance to fix a scrape that is not as bad as the scrape on my car? My brand new 2008 Scion TC. Really?! We are living in the world of people wanting something for nothing. Does she think that she is going to get a new car out of this? The age of Obama...taking this country to hell in a handbasket.
I seem to have the worst luck.
Once again, this is my not so wonderful life.
1 comments:
Are you being fired a year ahead of time? Ugh! How disappointing. Hang in there, maybe there are other schools hiring? If this is what you want to do, you'll find a way to keep going, even if it takes some more sacrificing for a little while. Keep the faith, dear!
Oh, and that chick? She's full of- what her car is. I wish you had gotten to that police report before it was filed. We're having issues here with a... gal... and the car too. So many people disappoint me. But you gotta admit, it started way before Obama took office. :P
Post a Comment