Picture of the Day
My old clogging shoes look pretty rough. However, they still fit and feel good on the dance floor. They are spray painted black from my past competition days.
Now that I have started this new adventure into adult clogging, it makes me think back on the days that I used to clog. I went through some old pictures and found some of my very first clogging costume, as well as a picture of my competition costume when I was a little older. There were several other costumes in between and after these, but these are the two most memorable.
This is me in my very first clogging costume in Sharpsburg, GA. Wow. That was a long time ago. Anywho...I loved this costume because it had the frilly pink to-to type thing underneath. Twirl, twirl, twirl. I did many carnival, festival, and recital shows in this costume.
This is when I started fierce clogging competitions in Miami, FL. "Shake that body baby, Move your body" was our routine song. I remember the way being on stage getting ready to compete made me feel. Your heart is racing, your mind is thinking, "Will we win?", you are going over and over the routine in your mind. Then, when you walk on stage, everything stops and you DANCE!!! What an amazing rush of adrenaline.
I'm looking forward to future clogging performances as an adult clogger. Gold Rush in McCormick, SC in September 2010 will, as of right now, be my first public appearance.
Get your dancin' shoes on...until tomorrow...
This is my wonderful life.


1 comments:
Aw, those shoes just look well-loved. The pictures are absolutely darling! I hope you have a blast with your clogging tonight!
Post a Comment