The principal of McCormick Elementary School, Mrs. Eleanor Rice, passed away Saturday morning. She was a wonderful lady and she will be terribly missed. She was my first real principal and she made me feel welcome in her school. I will miss seeing her smiling face and her in the lunchroom on hot dog day. She loved her hot dogs. Which is one reason the faculty and staff will be celebrating her life Tuesday with a hot dog lunch before we say our final goodbyes at her funeral.
The Faculty and Staff of MES {Mrs. Rice is on the front row in black capris and a blue and white sweater}
(I wasn't in the picture because, technically, I am not faculty or staff. However, I did take this picture.)
On a lighter note, I am starting a new summer job tomorrow. I will be tutoring a fourth grader. What fun! I'm so excited to get started. I get to keep on teaching through the summer! I hope I will be able to make a difference in his life. I will update more tomorrow after our first session. Wish me luck!
Tomorrow, I plan to get back to my daily posts. The weekend just got me all messed up.
Til tomorrow...
This is my summer life.

0 comments:
Post a Comment