Monday, June 7, 2010 | By: Jenn

Lots to Tell!

Yes, I know. It has been way too long since I have visited. I definitely had good intentions of updating my blog last week; however, last week was the last week of school, so needless to say, it was busy! Now, it's my first official day of Summer! What else do I have to do besides update my blog? Therefore, I am going to update my blog daily (cross your fingers that I keep this up!) throughout the summer. I'm hoping to fit this in to my nightly ritual. Alright...so be looking for my blog tonight. But, before I can start fresh with my summer blogging experience, I must update you on what has been going on the last couple of weeks. Ready? Here I go!

Last weekend, Memorial Day weekend, we spent Saturday out on the boat. Our mission was to go fishing and catch enough for supper. 5:45 AM:Michael is at our house waking us up because we need to be on the lake by sunrise. After getting dressed, stopping for gas and munchies, we were on the lake a little after sunrise. Since I did not get my fishing license, I took a book and read while Mom attempted to catch a fish and Michael caught 3 decent sized Bass. After fishing for a while, we needed to cool off, so we found a sandy bank that we could park the boat on and we all jumped in. It was very refreshing! After spending most of the day on the lake, we went home, showered, and headed to Augusta. I failed to mention that my cell phone went to cell phone heaven that morning. It had been dropped one too many times and well, did not make it through its last drop. So, I needed to go to Verizon ASAP to get me a new phone. When we arrive at Verizon, it was amazing! The lady was actually very helpful! However, she teased me with the LG Ally. She let me play with hers and told me how wonderful it was. Then, went to the back to get me one and...they didn't have any! The LG Ally could only be ordered. I believe I have already mentioned that it was Memorial Day weekend...so there was no way I would get this phone anytime soon. I bit the bullet and told her to order it. I was informed that I should have it by Wednesday. WEDNESDAY! That was 4 days from then! So, I got my old Chocolate activated. Talk about torture!

Can't go anywhere without my Thirty-One products! :)

The whole next week was full of last week of school events, as well as anticipation for my new phone. Wednesday, my phone arrived, just as promised.



This past weekend was spent in Columbus, Georgia. This is where my grandparents live. My mom's mom and dad and my dad's mom and brother. So, needless to say, it was a busy weekend. Saturday, we went to the Infantry Museum at Fort Benning with my Oma and Opa (Mom's parents). It was an awesome museum! I've never been to a museum that didn't bore me to death. I told my brother that it was like the History Channel coming to life! (For those of you that don't know, my brother LOVES the History Channel!) When you enter the museum, you start by walking through this life-like timeline through different eras of the Army. This is where I took one of my favorite pictures (see below). Then, you enter the actually museum areas with the artifacts and such. Downstairs, they have different sections for different time periods. I really wanted to go in the Civil War area, but it was closed. It was an interesting trip and I would highly recommend it if you are ever in that area.

Then, we spent the afternoon with my Dad's mom and brother out at their little farm. We played cards (I won, of course!) then I took a nice nap! It's very rare that I get the chance to take an afternoon nap, but this one was so nice. After spending time with both sides of the family, we headed home Sunday afternoon.

My favorite that I mentioned before.
Magnolia bloom at Mamaw's. Magnolia trees always remind me of my daddy.

Wow! That was a lot to update. Like I said before, stay tuned for my daily summer blogging! I'm sure it's not all going to be exciting because, let's face it, I don't have many summer plans, but I will do my best to keep you entertained.

Til tonight...
This is my summer life!

1 comments:

Miss Sak said...

Welcome back! It's great that you'll be blogging more often, you've done pretty darn well so far! You've managed to come back several times a month since you've started!

Man, I miss fishing down in the Glades, but I can't imagine baiting a hook at sunrise, lol. The museum looks amazing! I'm never bored with museums either- the only thing that may let me down is when they don't have enough stuff to spend a day looking at!

Now, that I'm securing my teaching job- I can finally indulge in one of your Thirty-One bags! I'm so excited!

Hope to hear more from you soon! <3

Post a Comment